A great idea to achieve this is to introduce a holiday unit study to your homeschool young- ins. You don’t have to stop learning, or stop with your skill building lessons. Just put a bit of sparkle into everything else with a Christmas unit study. Here are a few suggestions.
1) Study the Christmas traditions from countries around the world.
2) Use books from the library for history and even reading assignments
3) Make writing assignments that incorporate these traditions
4) Use famous christmas quotes or Bible passages as penmanship copy work.
5) Make a map that marks the countries that you’ve studied
6) Put bits of information about these various holdiay traditions into your christmas cards!