Yes, it’s that time… all of the busy -ness of Christmas is nearing an end. The presents have been wrapped and are under the tree… and the kids are on Christmas break. Even for homeschoolers, that spells “boredom.” My kids are already beginning to complain of that diabolical disease. It drives me crazy. Just a few days ago they had too much to do, and were telling me how desperately they needed a break. Well, if that isn’t just like life… the grass is always greener…
So, as we are awaiting the “big day” and have finally spent out the tireless series of Christmas parties… things are beginning to settle down and the kids are now claiming “boredom.” To counteract this cry… here is a quick reference list for homeschool boredom busters!
2) Make your own Christmas ornaments
3) Make some Christmas placements for Christmas dinner
4) Listen to some great old time radio Christmas stories!
5) Read aloud some of the christmas classics!
6) Watch a few of the good old Christmas movies – some of our favorites are White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th St., and The Christmas Carol.
7) Try these fun Christmas printables
8) Make some Christmas cookies
9) Make your own Christmas word search
10) Listen to the Christmas story together!